We needed something big above the mantle piece and we needed a clock!
I love it when I don't know where things are going to take me: this one started off as a trial to see whether I could make the lone star from strips, then I just had to add some borders to make a quilt. The small red star in the centre is appliqued on as an afterthought. Before, due to the light fabric I used it looked like the pattern had a hole in the middle!
Another medallion-style quilt, this time using fairly large pieces for speed, as I had four children by then (I also had this machine-quilted by somebody else)
The piece of fabric I used for this blind was not long enough for the window, so I added a strip top and bottom, and crocheted a border for the bottom to pick up the green colour.
Inspired by the famous V&A bed hangings, although not in a clamshell pattern. Squares are much easier!
Another blind made with leftover fabric from another project, using bonded interlining for added insulation.
My very first quilt, made for one of my boys.
Another quilt made for my youngest, with fun window flaps.
Blinds designed to sit behind closed shutters, to conserve the heat in a draughty old house!
Some more cushions made from leftover curtain fabric.
This lot was a present for a quadruple Christening.
I went a little wild on the wooden block printing lat Christmas, making placemats and bunting. Great fun!
The brief for this commission was to make a seat cushion and a couple of cushion covers, I guess I got a little carried away. It was fun though being creative with the off-cuts!
This was meant to be a quilt which was inspired by the novel "The Forgotten Seamstress". I wasn't all that keen on the book but I liked Lynne Edwards' quilt design based on it! Maybe I'll make the whole quilt one day!
This started off as a piece found in a charity shop...